Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Yep.

Sometimes you realize the redundancy of your existence. You realize that monotony and complacency are disgusting and you long to purge them from your life indefinitely. You long for a free spirited life of no 9-5 noose to hang yourself from any longer and having the means to support yourself while doing the things you love. I know now why my path led me here. I can't be a part of this system any more. It doesn't serve me. Working for people doesn't satisfy me. It makes me feel sick. What is the objective of slacking away to be micromanaged and belittled only to have your talent thrown to the wolves? No thanks. That kind of thing can drive anyone insane. No job should make you stress out or have an abundance of anxiety. Life is about finding a rhythm that justifies you, that empowers you. It's exactly like anything else that is vital to life, like relationships. You must find a balance and a harmony. Otherwise you're just struggling to find a way to convince yourself and everyone else that you're happy. But you're not. It's time to stop lying and wearing this mask of fallacy. I've always done exceptional at every job I've had, but something was always missing. I don't fit into a corporate model and refuse to drink aforementioned companies' koolaid to move up the chain. Even if you do that- there are many innocuous slip ups you can be let go for. But why? Does jeopardizing real talent for an innocent mistake really make sense? I remember once I was fired from a job and they had to hire 3 people to replace me. Does that even make sense on any scale?! No. That's exactly my point. Most companies I've worked for are doing it wrong. And I can't work for anyone but myself moving forward. I've done my research. I've found my niche. I will not be stopped. It's not even that hard! I don't know why it took so long to realize this but I'm elated I have. Take your life by the reins. You control your path and you control your destiny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment