Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Day 19- nature

It may be because I lived in Las Vegas for 6 years that I have a vast appreciation for nature here in Austin texas. It's lovely to live in a nature conscious town verses a town that is extremely lacking. I grew up in Kentucky, which is one of the most beautiful states I've ever seen. Lush forests and beautiful gardens color virtually every nook and crevice and I never realized how much I missed it until I was without for far too long. Moving back to a place that has grass and trees [not fake ones] is exhilarating! I also adore how people here do many things outside. Tubing, hiking, parks, gardens and outdoor events are everywhere!  It's important. I don't think people realize how much we need to reconnect with nature and become closer with our planet. I always feel exponentially better when I do something outside. It pacifies me how beautiful our planet can be and how much you can learn just by going outside. I think if people spent more time outside rather than on their iPad and phone, we would be a more humbled and probably more peaceful. I do feel the further we separate from our roots the more violent and discontent we become. 



No comments:

Post a Comment