Thursday, November 7, 2013

Day 7- forgiveness

Forgiveness is something that I used to rebel against when I was younger. I held grudges against anyone, for anything. I was such an angry teen and I cannot say I don't still struggle with my rage because I do. But really why does holding a grudge do for anyone? Does it make the situation better? No. All it does is make you hang on to anger longer than is beneficial to you. It takes a bigger person to forgive- even when that person doesn't deserve it or even if you weren't in the wrong. What happens is a rift in consciousness. Not only do you forgive someone but most importantly you forgive yourself. You free yourself. You liberate yourself from suffering unnecessarily. I never thought something so simple could bring such a shift in perspective. I have tried to forgive and make amends with everyone I ever have been at odds with, even if not verbally. I don't care to hang on to hate anymore as it never served me well and never served anyone well. I really think it's about growing up and focusing about the things that matter and letting go of everything else.


No comments:

Post a Comment