Thursday, November 21, 2013

Day 21- organic food

Years ago, I was one of those unfortunate people who ate fast food for virtually every meal. I knew nothing of nutrition and didn't care. I eventually met people who had better eating habits and started researching how to eat better. Amazingly, eating well can heal practically every ailment known to man. Unfortunately, especially in America, we have the idea convenience is better than nutrition. Processed foods, fast foods, GMOs are all deeply embedded in our culture and we have accepted these things without questioning it for years. I was heavily influenced by evil campaigns strategies that certain things were 'healthy' just because a commercial or package said so. How naive of me. It's a shame that our society takes such  advantage of impressionable minds to trick us into thinking these big companies actually have anything beneficial to offer aside from making their own pockets and us fatter. 

I decided the organic path several years ago and although I'm not perfect, I am learning more everyday. I've learned that if you eat too much sugar, dairy, simple carbs, not only can make you overweight but can also cause a myriad of health issues. I also usually follow a gluten free, high protein diet as well. So many people still have no idea what these things are. Portion size and macronutrients are also impairitive as well. 

I also am firmly against big pharm conpanies as most modern medicine seems to cause more issues than solutions. I use natural herbs, teas and essential oils to heal most issues I have. I can honestly say I've never felt better in my life. My only wish is that I was informed about all this earlier in my life but better late never! It's never too late to start a healthy lifestyle. Never. 



No comments:

Post a Comment