Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Day 25- hallucinogens

Ok. I already know how this one may sound so hear me out. I'm not a 'drug person'. Maybe I was at one point. Truth be told, I barely even drink anymore. I've experimented with almost every drug known to man sans heroine, crack and meth [no desire to try any of those either]. I regret none of that. Some of my most memorable and happiest memories involve drugs. To me that's what they are about- memorable experiences. You see, I'm a firm believer in moderation, because of that I'll never be an addict and I don't have an addictive personality- which I think it somewhat of a bullshit idea anyway. I enjoy my sobriety. 

That being said- Lysergic Acid Diethylamide, and fellow hallucinogens, are in their own universe. It's not about 'getting totally ripped' although it does do that in a most unparalleled way. For me, it's about the clarity and transcendence you achieve. I've never felt more humble than when I've tripped on acid. I can honestly say I didn't truly know what that meant prior to dropping. It crushes your ego. From inception, it was used by mental health practitioners for therapy. After that it became a 'mind control' tool used by the CIA in the 1950s. I find that oddly humorous being that all it does is open your mind. 

If you want to work out the girth of your problems or just achieve a new level of  personal enlightenment, I would strongly advise taking hallucinogens, be it LSD, Diemethyltriptine or psilocybin [I've done all 3]. However, it is not for the timid or weak minded. I remember when I was younger, I heard Paul McCartney talk about how acid 'forever changes you'.  It's seems cliche but it's painfully true. It opens your eyes, your third eye. You may not be willing and welcoming to the world it wants to show you or the 'you' it wants to show you. For me, it's the closest thing to spirituality I can get. The intense and deep enlightenment it provides takes me to an alternate plane and a higher level of consciousness, full of gratitude and a harmonious melody of life.



No comments:

Post a Comment